Friday, October 7, 2011

Something Found: Richard Feynman


All this business about finding one’s self. The never-ending story.

Anyway, I won’t get into that again. I just wanted to share a video. Quite profound, really, the words, the intonation, and the images. You have a hard time not wondering what it all means. What does this all mean? As I sit inside my empty apartment, I have to wonder to myself what this all means?

I feel an emptiness. A hole, deep down, that seems bottomless, but I have started to find things to fill in that hole. Small grains of sand brought forth to fill the abyss, but eventually (if you look hard enough) you will see that this hole is being filled with all of those small, seemingly insignificant grains of sand, and that will fill you with wonder.

Again with the tangents. I will get back to the main point of this spiel. Listen to what this man has to say. Listen to his words, listen to his amazement, and let them fill you up with wonder. Take a moment out of your busy schedule to actually wonder. Be filled with doubt. Be filled with the inexpressible emotions reserved away within. Let them wash over you, and you will know what truths lie within.





Anyway, if his words do not lead you a little closer to a light of truth, then I cannot imagine what could.

1 comment:

  1. Those opening lines, about seeing a flower not only for it's color but for its cells and the evolution that got it to that color, is what I love about being a science and fine arts person.

    ReplyDelete